Sears cordless tool

Scored a couple today on the clearance rack, 4.8v 2spd (5k & 10k), & charger for $10.97ea less addt'l 10% for using my Sears card. Same tool but w/ 5 accessories is $29.99. These are identical to the Dremel Mini Mite that WalMart carries for $25. Excellent tool for model and crafts work. I'm stoked!

Reply to
Grandpa

I hope they're more forthcoming with repairs if something goes amiss.

30 years ago I bought one of their Dremel clones with cord and when it died they pretended they never sold the thing. I still have the carcass around here somewhere.

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

So much for the Craftsman Tool "Lifetime Guarrantee"? Precisely the reason I will not darken the threshold of any Sears store!

AA

Reply to
EmilA1944

Sears' service has gone down, for sure. About 15 years ago I broke an ignition wrench, it was a size I used all the time. I was told that it wasn't available alone & I told her (salesperson) I didn't didn't mind if I had a whole set. Man, she went way overboard on how they couldn't do it, etc. I wrote the manager a letter & about a week later, I had my one & only replacement. Now, we don't have a full blown Sears, only an appliance type store & some tools. What few Craftsman tools I still own, & nothing extravagant, I return for exchange. Last item was a really fine 6" or 8" #2 Phillips screwdriver. They had to order the replacement! When it arrived about 2 weeks later, it was about 2" longer & wasn't even the same model! About all I do is order replacement bandsaw blades from them, but now I bet my new Home Depot has that size blades, so they can kiss that goodbye!

Reply to
famvburg

Ah, But Sears is not the sole provider of crafstman anylonger. I can think of OSH for one who also carry it and promintnly so.

rich

Reply to
Rich

Not every Craftsman tool has a lifetime warranty, you should know that sir. I know you've been around the block and over the hill. If you have a hand tool, like pliers, wrench, socket or screw driver for instance, they're covered lifetime. I've returned a few over the years and not once been given any grief. The particular ones I bought on clearence I could have gotten a 2 yr extended warranty for, for $1 but hey, the tool only cost me $10.

Reply to
Grandpa

I went to my local Sears store, in Leominster, MA, and was disapointed. Those tools are not on clearance sale here, or on any kind of sale at all. They're $30. Rats!

Wonder if this is a deal on ly in certain parts of the country....

Reply to
RC Boater

That's because Sears owns OSH now.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

What is OSH?

Reply to
Chris

How long has that been? I didn't know that...huh...

thanks for the heads up. Miss OSH.......

rich

Reply to
Rich

A decent hardware store like home depot but mostly west coast. Orchard Supply Warehouse, but most people started shorting the name to phonetic Osh (like oshkosh) so they started marketing themselves as such too.

rich

Reply to
Rich

So how did they get OSH out of Orchard Supply Warehouse, as in what should be OSW?

Reply to
famvburg

Sorry.... I meant Orchard Supply Hardware..... I would have been just as confused....

rich

Reply to
Rich

Any in the Seattle area?

Reply to
Chris

Actually, despite Sears' ownership, I haven't found OSH to have decayed at all. Maybe with time it will. It's gone something like eighteen months so far without a noticeable drop-off.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Well, heres my two cents; was walking the dog about a week ago and he wanted to go stake out a new piece of turf. So I let him off the leash and he went up into the woods and did his doggy thing. When he exited the trees he had some thing in his mouth that I assumed was a stick that he wanted to play toss and fetch with. He brought it to me and dropped it at my feet. It was then that I noticed it was a #2 Philips screwdriver, beat up and rusted like hell but the name Craftsman clearly visiable on the handle. The next day I took it to Sears and pre sented it too a hardware department employee. Without any questions he went into the back and a few minutes later presented me with a brand new No.2 Philips that was probably more expensive than the original. I must say gentlemen that I was plesantly surprised or maybe my experinse was the exception from the norm. But still that day they did stand by their promise. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

i cherry pick yahd sales, fleas and pawn shops for craftsman stuff.

Jose Altube

Reply to
Mike Keown