wtb: sheet metal brake

Smaller one. What would be a good older quality American brand, and how much should I pay? I'd say 3' long max.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I want one too, but sadly I want one 20 feet long that will quickly and accurately brake material upto 3/16. Of course I also want to be able to afford it. LOL.

Good luck on your search Steve. Let us know what you get.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

If you have a local JC with a welding or machine shop course. Sign up. Our local one has Welding Technology courses and they have brakes etc.

Reply to
Bill McKee

Pexto, Roper-Whitney, Niagara. Actually I can't think of a bad older American brand. If you find one check it carefully for damage, people seriously overload them.

I've used larger industrial models of the imports which weren't too bad. The 3-in-1 machines are difficult and fussy but they do work.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

steve..Ive got a 5' shear (Pexto) Id sell you rather cheaply. It was a set shear, converted to hydraulic.

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Also DiAcro. They made 24" and 36" finger brakes, and I have one of the 24" size. I am quite happy with it.

Certainly so.

And they do break too -- if you get too close to their maximum thickness.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols