Wuzzit

I got 34 of these little gems at a yard sale with a ton of drills. They are 2" long, one piece, have a 1" or so pilot bit, a countersink, then a threaded shaft about 3/8" long. Seeing the countersink, I think it would be a metalworking or woodworking item. Looks to me to be a countersink for a wood screw, leaving a dowel hole. Castelco, IIRC, is the manufacturer, out of California. What are they, and what are they worth? They are out in the shop, and not 100% of the name, but that's close.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Hey Steve,

Sounds familiar. Any chance they are on this page???

Take care.

Brian Lawson

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Found it. Drive-matic drill and countersink, carbro corporation, Lawndale, California. In their catalog. No prices, tho.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

On 11/28/2013 9:51 PM, jon_banquer wrote:e

Because it gives you something to bark about, which is all you know. Now go do some metalworking with your time.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

and post a link to the picture you lazy f*ck.

By the time I did that, an intelligent person could read the description. I found out what it was, and the manufacturer. It's a drill pilot with a countersink made out of carbide. Now I just have to find the price.

Jon, Jon, Jon. This is beneath you. Why do you keep making such an ass of yourself?

What's that?

It's your only life? You would have nothing else to do?

Well, then, have fun, Jon. I'll provide you with as much material I can.

In between when I'm doing productive things, like metalworking, that is.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Hey again Steve,

You mentioned in the OP, but I don't see any "threads" on the Drive-matics in their catalog.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

jon_banquer fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Not saying he does or doesn't, but WTF does that have to do with 'real life'.

Because I'm in a relatively small industry, and have published in it, I've got dozens and dozens of Linked-in contacts... for what? So I can say who I know? (a lot of whom I only "know" because someone who knows me knows them) For what purpose?

I _guess_ if I wanted something specific, I could go through my LinkedIn lists and see who could best satisfy that need... but I can also do that with simple Internet searches and industry catalogs.

I seriously doubt if LinkedIn provides any real paychecks for anyone except LinkedIn employees and owners. Even though I'm a member on LinkedIn (because someone invited me a couple of years ago)... I don't see any real benefit to it.

Work comes to me -- I don't have to go out hob-knobbing on internet chat sites to get work. (wouldn't anyway... I'd be contacting prospective clients or employers directly, not through some silly social media site)

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

In Singapore the "Yellow Pages", before two separate telephone books, is now one, smaller, book and many of the companies that were previously listed are no longer there.

I asked one company that is open and doing business, why they were no longer "in the phone book" and they told me that everyone looks on the Internet now. they were listed on Facebook.

I also know that a listing in the Yellow Pages wasn't cheap and Facebook is cheap :-)

Reply to
jbslocomb

I get dozens of contact requests per week from people I barely know. I always decline them. I only accept contact requests from people whom I know well.

One reason for this is security, I do not want too many people to have insider access to my account. Another reason is that I do not want to clutter my contact list just to stroke egos of "contact collectors" and "marketers".

Ignoramus13807

+1
Reply to
Larry Jaques

you read everything I post trying to get a clue.

a lazy, brain dead idiot.

Well, there's that. Then there was the traumatic brain injury. And PTSD. And cancer. And heart trouble. And all the meds I take. But I am working on finding the killfile feature on this new computer, and you will be the first one in.

Sorry to have to end your obsession and stalking.

You're an adult, cope.

Oh, I forgot. You're not an adult.

Oh, well .............

Reply to
SteveB

No. I found them at their manufacturers, called DrillMatic Drill shaft and countersink, apparently made out of carbide. Have a price request in at the company. Got these with about 350 specialty drills, all kinds of weird ones, super long ones, Forstners, just lots and lots and lots of drills from tiny to huge. Had to pay a lot .......... $10, tho, so they must be good quality.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Right, but it's close. I think they must go on a special chuck for quick change. Steve

Reply to
SteveB

(post nasal drip snipped)

Well, I found the filter feature on Thunderbird, and chopping you was easier than getting the head off a Thanksgiving turkey.

Be good.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Then who in hell is the "Mark Weiber" that asked me to add him to my linkedin contact list ? I had an account a few years back , killed it because it was just clutter - no one I actually know is on there .

Reply to
Snag

I am pretty sure that Gunner has a linkedin account, because I am connected to him.

Ignoramus18530

jon_banquer fired this volley in news:5fcaf88d-dbdf- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Well.... I'm sure if one looked _really_closely_ at the various characters on LinkedIn and other sites and fora (like this one), one would see a _number_ of characters who are "f***ed in the head"... Mmmmmm?

It seems to be a disease that flourishes in this environment.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

jon_banquer fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Jon, What if you don't NEED it? Why thrash around pursuing a 'benefit' that just causes you work, when jobs "come to you" without any "social networking"?

I'm lucky to be in a business in which there are fewer players than the demand for services. And, because it requires a number of qualifications besides just being able to produce parts in metal (like extensive experience manufacturing explosive devices), there's not likely to be much growth on the supply-side.

As long as I do a workmanlike job and charge a fair price, I don't need to do _anything_ to get work but answer the phone or emails.

I really don't wish to expand, with all the headaches of a larger staff, increased 'commercial' presence, workman's comp, insurance, alphabet agencies, etc... I make a comfortable living and enjoy my work as it is presently.

So, that being the case: Why would I spend the effort to maintain a presence that would - at best - only burden me with requests I cannot fill?

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

It only does it if you give them your email password. Which I do not do.

Reply to
Ignoramus18530

Well, it's in the populace anyway. We just see it more here. It doesn't bleed enough to make the "news". What an oxymoron THAT has become...

Reply to
Larry Jaques