USB Tower won't communicate with RCX

I'm running Windows XP on a laptop, have installed Lego Mindstorms 2.0 and Bricx Command Centre , connected the USB tower, but both programs complain about not being able to see the RCX. I've tried everything. Now, I heard something about a patch being available that might solve this. Any one know how to get this? (not the patch RIS20XPPatch3.zip preventing the automatic startup). Is there another way to test the communication?

Regards, Michiel

Reply to
klaver5

Problem seems solved!!

Contrary to what the manual says, I've let Windows search for a driver for the USB Tower. It says it found one and now it works! Both the standard software and Bricxcc are content. I was able to download the RIS2.0 firmware to the RCX.

Regards, Michiel

Reply to
klaver5