3 phase - the ultimate irony!

Tuesday last week EDF were supposed to overhead cable a three phase supply to my workshop and come back on Thursday to fit the meter. Tuesday brought 12 contractors from 'Freedom', and 9 vehicles including a low loader with excavator as they'd decided to replace the above ground section of the11kv underground cable feeding a transformer on poles and had to dig a joint pit to make a join. First problem - excavator too big to get under the pole stays - ended up lending them my 3/4 ton excavator. Second problem came on Thursday when they came to fit the meter. 'Where's the CT chamber' said they. apparently as the supply is current transformer (CT) metered they have to install a separate box called a CT chamber and no one had thought to do it, nor could they find anyone with the right form to fill in or authority to sign! Now re-booked for 10th March.

Then, ultimate irony, yesterday they rang up - could they hire my

100kva generator?- they were recabling locally and would have to cut off an elderly very infirm couple who had medical kit that couldn't be turned off !! Anyway off goes my towable geny, only to return that evening with a box of chocolates and a bottle of whisky!

So far it's only 9 months since I asked for 3 phase - lucky I'm not running a business..

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

What brand whisky ?

John S.

Reply to
John S

First

What brand whisky ?

John S.

Well they were cheerful Irish contractors so it had to be Jameson ! (oh and the diesel tank was fuller than when it went away)

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

So were they Belgian chocolates?

Reply to
Newshound

Would piss up and Brewery be apt for this one. I shan't excuse the pun. I can only manage one a day, so that's it for today and it's only 08:34.

Rob.

Andrew Maws> >> Tuesday last week EDF were supposed to overhead cable a three phase

Reply to
Rob Wilson

What did they pay for the hire charge? In the circumstances it could have neen VERY expensive...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Now Tony you know I'm a softy !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

And that folks was a tongue in cheek reply from 'Crusher Mawson '

.

John S.

Reply to
John S

That has to be the cheapest genny hire ever!

Reply to
SimonJ