Chuck question

I need a chuck fairly quick for a Denford Cyclone cnc lathe. Whilst waiting for a decent one, and hopefully a hydraulic one, I may go for the one
listed by RDG tools on eBay Item number: 350167218265
The front mounting suits the machine, but ask if anyone has any experience or knowledge of these cheapy HBM chucks. Bob
Hi Bob
without wishing to knock RDG who have been very helpful and fair throughout, I'm about to return a second HBM chuck to them, both were screwed body chucks. Neither of them ran square to the spindle on my Super 7, see the recent posts on "new chuck".
You are looking at a chuck that will need a back plate (not trying to teach you to suck eggs etc) so you shouldn't have the problem I've had.
The chucks seem fairly well made but for a 160mm chuck I'd have expected the key end to be bigger than 6mm square.
Just to say again, I'm happy to keep buying from RDG, they've been fine.
cheers
Toby

Hi I bought one for a myford last year, fine for accurrently stiff to use not a smooth action, and it went rusty very quickly. I sold the lathe soon after. Not a chuck I would like to use daily.
Mike
Mike wrote:

If one compares a Röhm and a Chinese side by side, the answer is obvious and clearly justifies the difference in the price-tag.
Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
<http://www.yadro.de>