A very impressive workshop!

Someone just put this link on the d-i-y forum but it's probably more interesting to this group:

mpressive!

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

Clearly not a real workshop - far too tidy and you can see the floor!

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

where's the dirty mess you get from oily cylinder heads ..

he must have another greasy part of that shop somewhere .

all the best.markj

Reply to
mark

I expect he degreases the heads first. The best tool I ever used when playing with cars was a parts washer.

Reply to
Suzy

Tony Jeffree wrote: ve!

Barely a real machine there either. Just mainly those bespoke Serdi things.

I often wondered if those things are actually any better than a decent milling machine. Probably not.

Wayne....

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

It's exactly identical to my workshop.....well I say identical in that we both have 3 fluorescents on the ceiling, oh and a brick wall as well.

Reply to
grumpyat

Only one wall? Don't you find it a tad draughty?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Mine hasn't any walls at all and it is REALLY draughty !! Brad.

Reply to
Brad.

Don't laugh. I once did a top end overhaul on an Aston Martin DB2.4 Mk III in the "garage" which was just a space under the house (house on stilts). No walls at all, "floor" was gravel. And UK winters? No thanks. Stinking hot in Australia right now.

Reply to
Suzy

And humid too - here in Brisbane it's like a sauna.

My first vehicle overhaul (a mere Series 1 LandRover) was done partly in the back garden while the shed was constructed - all the dismantling & welding was done outside, but the shed was up by the time assembly commenced.

These days the shed's looking pretty well equipped, but unlike the one we're really discussing, it has a well used look about it.

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

whats this

Suzy, Karen ....here girlpower,Carla, Paula in the pm forum

lots of girls getting into the machinist hobby these days.

and pretty impressive and skillful too.

all the best.mark

Reply to
mark

Possibly faster if that's all you want to do. Expensive though.

He does have a scruffy Colchester Bantam and a Bridgeport in one photo. (cue Mark McG to point out that neither of those is a real machine either...)

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Mark has some pretty large machines in his place, been there and seen them running... It's like a dark cathedral inside!

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

I thjink he has a soft spot for the Colchester Chipmaster, but pretty much regards anything else under a couple of tons as a home shop toy.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

I also have a soft spot for Colchester's - Chat Moss.

.
Reply to
John Stevenson

They are :-)

Walked past one of the lathes at work on Thursday. it was turning down a rotor forging about 3' diameter 180rpm. 1/2" DOC, 50 thou/rev. The reason I noticed it was that the bloody chips were ringing like bells when they hit the swarf conveyor!

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand