B&Q for raw materials

B&Q opened a warehouse style outlet a short time ago in Milton Keynes.

Tonight, I was surprised (and pleased) to find a small selection of brass, aluminium, steel(?), and plastic extrusions(?) in a small variety of forms including tube, rod, and bar, and possibly suitable for use in model engineering. (I'd been aware of their hardwood mouldings for some time, but finding brass in a clean condition was a pleasant surprise.)

HTH others wading through the lists collected at the various exhibitions...

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

In a model engineering context, I'd have thought most required mouldings could be easily made (and from good timber, too) using one of these:

(one of my hobbies is woodwork ;-)

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear