Beer Vouchers ready & waiting

For my next roundtoit project, I'm looking for a 3HP 3 phase motor.

Specification

Flange mount size 90 frame or perhaps 100? continuously rated

2 pole 2850RPM nominal 240/440 volt 3 phase 2200watt/3HP

If anyone has something like this lying around un-wanted then I'm happy to offer beer vouchers in exchange.

TIA

Bob in Romsey

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Let me check in the morning. I think I fell over one tonight.

I'm at Nottingham though, is that a problem ?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Hi Bob,

I have one. 1980s GEC. It has a bit of damage to the cooling fins, but otherwise looks okay. I haven't tested it, but if you're interested I can test it with a megger. Not sure of the frame size but I can check. It's in Shropshire. Let me know if you're interested, but it might be Monday before I read this group again.

It's "Motor 1" on this Webshots page:

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Good Morning John,

Nottingham shouldn't be a problem. Work takes me to Milton Keynes every now and then so not much further to you. There might be a danger of me turning up in a suit though - do I loose whatever cred that I had?

Regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

OK just been and checked and it is a 2.2 KW [ 3HP ] 2 pole motor with foot and flange mounting. It's a modern 6 wire motor in a 90 frame. Came off an extractor fan, did about 10 minutes running before the fan self destructed, hint don't let electronics engineers design 4 foot extractors out of 16 g steel

Suits are no problem, the lighter the better. It gets a real good chuckle to see suits enter the cave whilst trying to avoid handles and other greasy parts. Best score has been a 7 out of 10

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your kind offer. I think I'm sorted now as John S has offered a suitable motor. Can I keep you in reserve?

Best regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Sure, that's fine.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Put the Molyslip down. Move away from the Molyslip. Keep your shop rags where we can see them.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand