bench cnc lathes?

Any ideas guys? I need to get hold of one of the Compact 5 or similar jobbies or an ex colledge traiuning lathe for some small but intensly boring batches that don't justify setting the MS SL25 up. Dam what a day...I need another 12 hours in my days lately..

ps:Andrew I'll drop you a call tomorrow..apologies for missing you today but I was out buying a new workshop :( (ouch ...expensive,the wife insisted I bought a house with it !!!)

cheers D

Reply to
Dalton

were a couple listed I think Feb or March. Have not checked the pages for a few weeks now.

Nothing on Ebay, there were a couple I think last week or week before as I was watching the bidding. Need something about size of Myford 254 with turret not toolpost. Need it for second op.

There is a guy near to me who had an old Emco with barfeed he was trying to sell for about 4000 quid. It was early 1980s I think so too old as spares are difficult to obtain now.

I bought new Emco in 2002 it cost more than my last house! But since the wife now just puts the part in the collet and pushes the buttons, its easier than the old manual capstan, she no longer has arms like Popeye now.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

Until recently, Newbury Tech had an early CNC Bridgeport to give away - no-one would take it!

Is it still there?

pages for a few weeks now.

was watching the bidding. Need something

to sell for about 4000 quid. It was early 1980s

wife now just puts the part in the collet and

has arms like Popeye now.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Now tell me, Mr Bean, as you seem to know all about these things, would that be the one that has the CNC control hardware that can only transmit position, or the one that can transmit power...?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

More to the point would that be a CNC Bridgeport lathe or a CNC Bridgeport mill. The subject line does have a slight bearing on it.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Whichever one it is, hopefully it will be using a Windows based motor controller. Everyone knows this is the most suitable operating system for running software with critical timing requirements.

(*Ducks for cover*)

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

I may end up buying a new one :( ouch that's going to be expensive :( sheesh..all it seems to be lately is expense... All I want to do is make up some 40mm cones (Radius cones) from ally bar and it really isn't worth ripping down the SL25 to do 10 of them.... File is out and I really don't want to spend time making a rad turning adaptor to do a 20cm rad on a 40mm bar...

Humm wonder if any of the local firms want a small job..

ahh well,I really must get hold of Andrew about those stencils tomorrow....38 years old an my memory is awful..

cheers Dalt

Reply to
Dalton