One of the good guys

About a month ago, I found some alternators on eBay. They are old new stock (a label said 2006) & whilst technically for Briggs & Stratton, they are generic to many small engines I believe. On Tuesday, I drove up to Crewe & bought three 3.7kva alternators at the princely sum of £50 each. The chap (Carl) took a while to sort them out for me (he was on nights at Bentley Motors!), but I came away with the goods, complete with fitting kits for the two Honda GC160 powered generators I have, both of which had ceased to generate, although the engines are just fine.

I changed the alternator on one this afternoon - section of urine to do - and yes, it produced electrikery first go, running a couple of power tools without blinking.

I asked him about pumps & he produced one from the top of a filing cabinet like a genie from a lamp. A neat little 1", 30 gallons a minute job, bran new and shiny and a direct import from California. Cheap too ..... I remarked to Hazel that it is the only *new* internal combustion engine I've ever owned!

I was pleased with my purchase & as Carl has a container full of these things and also complete generators and pumps of all kinds, I thought I'd recommend him to you as one of the good guys.

If you need his contact details, please e-mail me off list.

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

On electrical matters, I was at the counter in B&Q today & spotted a big box of 13 amp plugs, two for 25p. This means of course that the writing is well & truly on the wall for being able to fit your own plugs. Go and get some while they are warm!

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn