Bending aluminium bar or tube.

It should so seem, but the soot will not burn away until the underlying metal reaches an appropriate temperature. I have used both soot and marker pens on thicker(1/4") as well as thin sheet stock. Takes much longer to burn off the thicker stock.

The only thing to watch with the acet torch is that you do not start a molten puddle by leaving the torch in one place for a period of time.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

It was fairly easy to see the change, and the aluminium could be beaten into shape afterwards, so I guess it worked OK. Difficult to know if something else would have worked better (hence my question). I don't remember it being difficult to clean up.

-adrian

Reply to
Adrian Godwin

I have learned to check the temperature of aluminium (for welding), by pulling a thin wooden stick over it. If it sparkles, the ali has the right temperature.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Seriously though, is there a castings kit available for this moel anywhere ?

Cheers,

Reply to
Boo

Emidio Gattafoni has (or had?) them. His web-page is here (links page on my site): . The castings costed around 250 EUR (really don't remember). Plans were included. But the plans were a nightmare. Nice drawn but _lots_ of errors. I showed him my corrected set a year later and he nearly fell unconcious. :-) He told me that he corrected them (a bit?).

Emidio only talks italian, but you can mail him in english. He has a translation program (he told me in italian, never had email-contact with him) that will help him understand what you want.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Thanks !