Big 3 phase motor

Has anyone a BIG three phase 415 volt motor they'd like relieving of for folding money? This is for a big phase converter driving a 10Kw load so probably needs to be at least 15KW. It'll be in not the best of environments so really needs to be a totally enclosed style.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Local scrappie is your first port of call..

Peter

Peter A Forbes

I`ve got two.Both 1440 or thereabouts.One is normal six wire for star delta starting,the othe is dual wound 220/415.Note it is seperate windings on 415 can be wired for DOL only.Would be talking serious money as the first one cost me =A3460 secondhand a year back.I could have had a new euromotor for the same money but past experience dictated a British motor. Mark.

Reply to
mark

Take the coupling off of the alternator and use that!

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I can ask one of the rewind people tomorrow if you want Andrew, but I won't be able to follow it up until after the weekend as I'm on duty at the Bristol Show.

.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

John,

That would be kind. There is a bloke on ebay offering an ABB motor of

15 KW - are ABB motors ok ?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

ABB are top quality. the modern ABB's are made in Bulgaria but to ABB's spec. Don't ask who's pocketing the difference

My supplier has his motors made and badged up in Bulgaria, he buys about 1/2 a trailer load a month. Last couple of times the truck has had 1/2 a load for him and 1/2 a load of ABB's, all from the same factory.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

ABB make good motors. Beware of recent (1999-2000) large gas turbines though....

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Good God don't start him thinking.. The bloody neighbours had to get a fund up to get him to move over the genny running in the leafy suburbs.

If he gets one of those it will be Shell tankers pumping 4,000 gallons of Jet-A1 at all hours of the day and night. There goes the neighborhood again.

.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

This has been on eBay for ages and looks like a real bargain to me:

I hope it finds a good home!

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Yes Chris I spotted that a while back - but it is rather too big at

300 Kgs though I agree it's a good price.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson