Phase converter: vibration isolation pad ?

I am installing a big Transwave rotary phase converter and am considering sitting it on a rubber / foam / or polystrene pad to isolate the vibration from the building. It weighs 150 kgs. Anyone any experience in doing this sort of thing? (I currently have a much smaller one bolted to the common workshop / house wall and can hear it all over the house!)

BTW before this beauty fell into my lap I was collecting the bits to make one, so if anyone needs to make a large rotary converter (240v single phase in -> 415v 3 phase out at 15KW) I have most of the bits (quality 15KW motor, transformer, run capacitor bank, delay relay etc) so get in touch by email (reply address needs de-spamming)

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Silent blocks. They are rubber with a metal plate vulcanized at each end. Those plates do have a screw on them for fixing. Often seen on exhaust systems of cars, but bigger ones are available.

Outsch! 150 kg

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Hope the trinket set survived Andrew ?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Its now been converted to 3 phase

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Which brings a new meaning to the expression 'Bollocks ' ?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

There are mounts to do the job, we have some decent new Silentbloc (I think)

4-hole fitting with single point mounting in the centre for the equipment. You'd need four at least, I'll look and see what we have in the way of numbers.

Actually, they are nearer than I thought :-))

Barrymounts by Barry Controls:

Look down the bottom for the 2000 series dimensions.

We have about a dozen new ones....

Peter

Peter

Peter A Forbes

equipment. You'd

Oo yes those look the business - I'll give them a ring on Monday - thanks for the heads up.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Anyone any

available.

Well it was touch and go sliding it up a plank onto my little electric truck to get it to the bottom of the garden ! Definately a toetector job. Piece of cake getting it off with my 1 ton block & tackle in the foundry.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

GL