Bowman Steam Model Q

I've been asked to make/procure a saftey valve for a Bowman model steam
engine. These look like a copy of the Mamod engine from the 50s(?) and has a
simple meths fired boiler running an oscillating engine.
Can anyone advise what sort of operating pressure these might have been
designed for and hence what pressure the safety valve ought to open at?
The boiler looks to be of quite light construction and no obvious
strengthening stays are visible.
One slight snag in trying to determine the pressure needed to run the engine
experimentally is that it in France in the hands of a non engineer and I'm
in the UK!
NB the original valve was lost and replaced with a bolt so I'm keen to make
the engine a bit safer.
Any help/info welcome.
TIA
Bob
Reply to
Bob Minchin
Hello Bob, a quick Google throws up a little steam loco similar to mamod, the suggested working pressure is 15psi. All the best , John.
Reply to
john.morton22
snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com wrote in message ...
Thanks John, I think the item you refer to says 'estimated' pressure. I wondered if anyone knew first hand. I guess I could try and make something adjustable and set it so the engine just works.
Regards
Bob
Reply to
Bob Minchin
Bob
Try Phil Handcock, he runs Forest Classics -
- probably the UK's main Mamod dealer. He's very helpful and is on 01594 832797
Regards --
Chris Edwards (in deepest Dorset) ..."There must be an easier way...!"
Reply to
christopher
snipped-for-privacy@wurzel.demon.co.uk wrote in message ...
Thanks Chris,
Sounds a promising contact.
Regards
Bob
Reply to
Bob Minchin
I used to repair all sorts of toy steam engines for a hobby shop. They all worked at 15 PSI.
Steve R.
Reply to
Steve R.
Steve R. wrote in message ...