Bridgeport Interact speed control valve

Has anyone ever had dealings with the re sealing of the valve that controls the brake and speed control of an interact?

I need to know if the repair kit I was quoted £44 for is the going rate, or if standard 'O' rings will do the job. The Valve is a Univer 1001.

Another question, I found it difficult, or more to the point, impossible, to remove the slide bar that carries the seals, wouldn't come out either end, is there a special technique?

Thanks Bob

Reply to
Emimec

I've found out it comes apart, helpful PDF file on an american site. Sort of answers my own questions re o rings . Just price now and source in UK Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Bob,

if they are standard black nitrile rubber ones, I have quite a selection of imperial ones. I could pop some in the post to you if I have the right size?

another Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Many thanks for the offer. But the PDF I found shows more than o rings unfortunately. There seems to be several special shaped seals, so it looks like I'll have to put up with the £44 for the kit. Bob

Reply to
Emimec