Bridgeport Interact speed control valve

Has anyone ever had dealings with the re sealing of the valve that controls
the brake and speed control of an interact?
I need to know if the repair kit I was quoted £44 for is the going rate, or
if standard 'O' rings will do the job. The Valve is a Univer 1001.
Another question, I found it difficult, or more to the point, impossible, to
remove the slide bar that carries the seals, wouldn't come out either end,
is there a special technique?
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
I've found out it comes apart, helpful PDF file on an american site. Sort of answers my own questions re o rings . Just price now and source in UK Bob
Reply to
if they are standard black nitrile rubber ones, I have quite a selection of imperial ones. I could pop some in the post to you if I have the right size?
another Bob
Reply to
Bob Minchin
Many thanks for the offer. But the PDF I found shows more than o rings unfortunately. There seems to be several special shaped seals, so it looks like I'll have to put up with the £44 for the kit. Bob
Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.