Grub Screw

I've just put my lathe (raglan 5") back together after a little adjustment to improve the backlash in the feedscrew nuts. But one of
the locking screws for the topslide has a badly work hex in the end and needs replacing. It's a 5/16"NC thread and 5/8" long, but almost any length would do. Does anyone have an odd one lurking in the workshop they wouldn't mind dropping in the post to me -I'll obviously cover any postage costs. Unfortunately I've only got bolts in that size and it must be a grub screw or it fouls against the slide. This email is live, so you can contact me on it.
Regards Kevin

Hi Kevin I almost certainly will have one, send me an address and I will get it of to you. Peter

If Peter hasn't got one, give me a shout, we have a big pile of new socket head screws in all sorts of sizes.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk http://www.oldengine.co.uk
On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 22:56:34 -0700 (PDT), Kevin
It's a 5/16"NC thread and 5/8" long,
NC of BSW?
Mark Rand RTFM
.com> wrote:

If it's a Raglan it would have been BSW
John S.
Ex Raglan engineer, twice removed, once for fighting in the Rose and Crown.
.

le.com> wrote:

That makes sence, ive got those also Peter

eele.com> wrote:

Why do people ask for help and tgen dont take up your offer? Peter
Drawfiler wrote:

I share your sense of frustration Peter. In the last 10 days or so I have done varying degrees of research and composition of replies to requests for help posted on http://www.homeworkshop.org.uk Only one got yielded a response not a dicky bird from the others. Even if the need has gone away or been satisfied in another way, it surely still common decency to send an email reply.
Bob (feeling grumpy tonight!)