Bridgeport Stepper motor problem

Bob

Did you get it reliable again?

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

He's got most of the bits. Ear of Bat came by UPS today, but Wicke's were out of Tongue of Newt.

.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Yes my Daughter has the service manuals and training DVD's for those TNC's. Meg & Mog. ( About a Witch and her cat for those that don't know!)

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

Not really, motor buzzed awfully on Saturday, waited for chap to look at it, switched on, and motor behaved all the time he was there, as did the on/off scenario with the TNC. Typical !!

Switched on this morning, no TNC, couldn't mess about today as busy, but guess 20 odd times with the on/off switch would catch it, one suggestion is loose connection in "Gubbins" box after truck journey to me.

I'm open to a "service exchange motor"or any reliable solutions, apart from scrapping it.

Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Can you do me deal with a motor?, I forgot to get the plate details, will update later this week. bob

Reply to
Emimec

details, will

encoders

Wayne,

If the time comes when you want to dispose of one or two of the analogue encoders can you please get in touch.

Regards,

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Bob. Although I have three motors here from a series 1 Interact they have been modified by me, and will be used here. I still have the machine, and some of the control. I may yet rebuild it as a machine to do rougher work on.

The mods I did were basically taking off the heidenhain analogue encoders, which I still have. I replaced them with quadrature encoders for the drives I normally use.

When I get a moment I'll have a look and see what can be disposed of, and let you know.

Shame you were not local I'd give you a hand.

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

OK Andrew Will do. Might be quite soon as I have to get those motors out when a drive designer comes to see me next month. The encoders are still with the motors somewhere.

Sometimes I regret being such a hoarder.

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

Bob, I have some spare motors taken from working machines but need plate details first.

.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

OK. thank you. I will get the details from the plate on Friday and post it in this group. Bob

Reply to
Emimec

">> Bob,

I was offered the services of a Bridgeport Engineer today, bad news and good news ! The servo gave all the correct readings, didn't act up, and the engineer said he wouldn't expect it to be any better if cleaned. Now the bad news. The machine was on, but the controller didn't power up.Power is at correct voltage into the Controller.So the on/off problem with the Heidenhain is not the switch, At first a diode was suspect, but was ok, as was the one beside it. Disconnected all the ancillary cables, still nothing. I then did my usual, switch it on and off lots of times, bingo, powered up. So the fault is intermittent, sadly, that was the end of the engineers expertise, referring me to an exchange main board. After I got up from the floor (How much !!) I am now no wiser. Guess I'll just leave it on even when I'm not there. Bob

Reply to
Emimec