Tufnol (or equivalent) - on the scrounge

I am in the process of building a driving truck for one of my engines. It is a single bogie that needs to pivot freely (the other end of the truck attaches to the locomotive, so it is a sort of "trailer".)

I have two roller bearings to reduce the friction of turning, but I am looking for a suitable bearing surface. In the past I have used Tufnol (or equivalent) as it is hard wearing and self lubricating, however searching through my scrap bin I can find none.

I am looking for two pieces, each approximately 50mm x 170mm by approx

12mm thick.

Does anybody have any offcuts that they wish to exhange for drinking vouchers or other items of trade?

Cheers

Peter (Trowbridge)

Reply to
puffernutter

If you can't scrounge any, you can buy it from these people:

Personally I have found that this firm quotes a bit high to start with, but that if you haggle you can halve the price!

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

do small offcuts reasonably cheapish.

I don't know if Tufnol SRBP is what you are looking for though - I'm not even sure what it is. They also do other stuff though, may be of some use.

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

SRBP is Paxolin (Synthetic Resin Bonded Paper) SRBF is Tufnol (Synthetic Resin Bonded Fabric)

They also have a phenolic resin based material called Tufset.

British Mica in Bedford can be useful for small pieces, I think a guy called Peter is a contact there.

Peter

Peter A Forbes