Tufnol (or equivalent) - on the scrounge

I am in the process of building a driving truck for one of my engines.
It is a single bogie that needs to pivot freely (the other end of the
truck attaches to the locomotive, so it is a sort of "trailer".)
I have two roller bearings to reduce the friction of turning, but I am
looking for a suitable bearing surface. In the past I have used Tufnol
(or equivalent) as it is hard wearing and self lubricating, however
searching through my scrap bin I can find none.
I am looking for two pieces, each approximately 50mm x 170mm by approx
12mm thick.
Does anybody have any offcuts that they wish to exhange for drinking
vouchers or other items of trade?
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
If you can't scrounge any, you can buy it from these people:
formatting link
Personally I have found that this firm quotes a bit high to start with, but that if you haggle you can halve the price!
Best wishes,
Reply to
Christopher Tidy
formatting link
do small offcuts reasonably cheapish.
I don't know if Tufnol SRBP is what you are looking for though - I'm not even sure what it is. They also do other stuff though, may be of some use.
Reply to
Peter Fairbrother
SRBP is Paxolin (Synthetic Resin Bonded Paper) SRBF is Tufnol (Synthetic Resin Bonded Fabric)
They also have a phenolic resin based material called Tufset.
British Mica in Bedford can be useful for small pieces, I think a guy called Peter is a contact there.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web:
formatting link
Reply to
Peter A Forbes

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.