Cleaning a Burnerd collet chuck

I have the small size of Burnerd collet chuck (takes 1/16" to 1.5" multisize collets). It's been little used but could do with a good strip/clean due to dusty storage. The toothed outer ring runs on loose 1/4" balls in a half track. When I took out the plug screw and emptied out the balls there were only 39 present. I would have expected far more than that for a track that is over 3" in diameter. Has anyone stripped one of these chucks before and can give me a guide as to the amount of balls that should be in there. After all, the usual rule for a ball race is a full track minus one ball.

-Neil F.

Reply to
neil f