Cone clutches

I need to devise a clutch system for my home made powerhammer. Traditional mechanical hammers use steel on steel cone clutches so I wondered if anybody here has any experience of machining cone clutches from scratch. Would I be better off using the clutch from a small car/large bike?

Reply to
imagedude

Aircon pump clutch? Borg Warner did some quite large ones in 12V.

Peter

Peter A Forbes