Super Brown Chop saw

Anyone know what the allen screw is for in the centre of the shaft that the blade fits on, and where the large retaining nut is on an old, and I mean
old, Super Brown saw.
Another thought is why do they make so many groaning noises and what can also only be described as vibration type oscillation noises. This happens even with a new unclogged blade?, but not on every cut?
I guess worn parts is an obvious answer, but on some occasions, when cutting the same material, it glides silently through the job? Bob
Emimec wrote:

The allen screw is for adjusting the slipping clutch.This may be what`s causing the noise.Is it the type where the wheel head can be adjusted back and forth?If so you may want to move it back so the centre of the blade is behind the centre of the material you are cutting. Mark.

Thanks for the info. I dont think it is the one that the wheel head can be adjusted. Having said that, that may explain all the bolts at the back of the swing arm. I have had it for many years, and havnt paid much attention to it, it was old when I got it. Now a change of work means its being used to the full, and the noise is maddening. I want to get it working good because the MEP saw I really want is nearly 4 grand, and that hurts !!! so this one is going to have to try and equal a column saw, which it wont !! but I will have a damn good try to get the accuracy and finish somewhere near it. Bob

Mark This is almost my nasty saw, but without the hydraulic vice. Ebay number Item number: 170064378205. I see now what the screws at the back are for. I tried tightening and loosening the central allen screw today, but it makes no difference to the complaining noises that come from this machine, perhaps they are just noisy and grumpy by design? Bob