Pedrazzoli Super Brown chop saw

I am about to have the motor from a Pedrazzoli 'Super Brown" chop saw re-wound but vaguely remember someone here saying that they were scrapping one - if so can I buy the motor off you?

It's a Pellizzari ECS90 L2-4 dual speed three phase with an integral

90 degree gear box on one end and a cam/coolant pump on the other

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

It might have been me. Mec Browns have driven me mad in the past, and still do !!! However, my motor "smells" a bit due to one phase in the plug coming loose, and the user not noticing it buzzing away quick enough. Still works ok though, probably just warmed up the windings and shellac if that is what is/was, used inside. The next thing to mention is that on stripping the entire machine, I found nothing wrong with it, so I brought some bearings just in case, and intended to reassemble it and then stick it on ebay. My version is the machine with the vice that is set and closes at an irritating offset. This is not to be confused with the ability to cut at an angle, if that makes any sense. It looks like it had in its heyday, an air closing vice, but the cylinder for the vice is removed and operates manually. I don't suppose you would want the whole machine, just in case I don't get around to reassembling it !!, to be honest, its in my way, as is the hydrovane that just will not sell on ebay !!!!! Bob

Reply to
Emimec

message

integral

Bob,

Thanks for the reponse. If you decide to scrap it can you let me have a pop at the motor? Does the moter tie in with my description?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I'll let you know when I get fed up with it being in the way. Bob

Reply to
Emimec