Denford Cyclone CNC lathe

Amongst some other items I am expecting delivery of, is a Denford Cyclone CNC lathe. Apparently when turned on the Fanuc OT controller comes up with some sort of error code, which the previous owner, a school, couldn't sort out.

Cant say what the error code is yet, but wonder if there are any experts on the group that may be able advise when the machine is in my possession

Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Bob, we have a few lathes with OT controls.Have manuals for most versions of OT also.Give me a shout when you know what the code is.

Mark.

Reply to
mark

Many thanks Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Hi Mark

Finally fired up the Cyclone, first screen on the Fanuc says, "not ready" Went into alarms screen and there are 3 codes

1008 Spindle drive fault 1017 Spindle drive overheat 1032 Drive transformer overheat.

Logically to me this points to the obvious, something got hot !!!

Makes me think the spindle motor has a fault, knocking on to make the transformer overheat?

If you or anyone is familiar with this fault and what the problem is in laymans terms I would be most grateful Bob

Reply to
Emimec