Dial caliper adjustment

I've a Helios 6" dial caliper - dropped it onto a carpeted floor today and it's now ca. 20thou out of alignment - can anyone please tell me how to reset it? Unlike my other Mitutoyo caliper, the face of the dial is fixed. There is one largish screw in the back of the dial which seems to have an eccentric head but doesn't seem to do anything that I can detect.

Reply to
steamer

--Curious name ya got there, heh. --With luck the caliper came with a tiny little copper tool that can be slipped between rack an pinion for adjusting zero. If not you could try making one from a slim bit of shim stock..

Reply to
steamer

Reply to
steamer