Dial caliper adjustment

I've a Helios 6" dial caliper - dropped it onto a carpeted floor today
and it's now ca. 20thou out of alignment - can anyone please tell me
how to reset it? Unlike my other Mitutoyo caliper, the face of the
dial is fixed. There is one largish screw in the back of the dial
which seems to have an eccentric head but doesn't seem to do anything
that I can detect.
Reply to
steamer
--Curious name ya got there, heh. --With luck the caliper came with a tiny little copper tool that can be slipped between rack an pinion for adjusting zero. If not you could try making one from a slim bit of shim stock..
Reply to
steamer
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 --Curious name ya got there, heh. > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 --With luck the caliper came with a tiny little copper to= ol that can > be slipped between rack an pinion for adjusting zero. If not you could tr= y > making one from a slim bit of shim stock.. > > -- > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 "Steamboat Ed" Haas =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 : =A0Come see my stuf= f =A0 > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Hacking the Trailing Edge! =A0: =A0at Maker Faire!! > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0www.nmpproducts.com > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0---Decks a-wash in a sea of words-=
Reply to
steamer
--Repeated drops on the carpet? ;-)
Reply to