How to make a giant sieve?

When we moved here we 'inherited' a big spoil heap that was dumped in the middle of an otherwise attractive orchard. It's perhaps 50 foot by

20 foot by 5 foot tall - obviously dumper truck loads tipped in piles - a mixture of good soil and hardcore. It looks like a neolithic long barrow! So it needs sieving, the hard core used as useful material and the soil distributed into low bits.

So I needed a big sieve to fit the JCB, with holes that just stop bricks falling through. Pictures here:

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Get a proper riddle bucket.It`s a circular sieve with a mouth like a bucket.It is rotated by a hydraulic motor that on most machines is powered by the hammer lines.The cheapest available one to buy at the moment is from a guy in Ireland.I`ve forgotten his name as it was yesterday I last heard it. :-) I have a customer who is an agent for a New Zealand make but I believe he`s very expensive. These ones in the picture look nothing like the real thing. Mark.

Reply to
mark

neolithic

Get a proper riddle bucket.It`s a circular sieve with a mouth like a bucket.It is rotated by a hydraulic motor that on most machines is powered by the hammer lines.The cheapest available one to buy at the moment is from a guy in Ireland.I`ve forgotten his name as it was yesterday I last heard it. :-) I have a customer who is an agent for a New Zealand make but I believe he`s very expensive. These ones in the picture look nothing like the real thing. Mark.

Mark, Genuine JCB riddle bucket has a very similar design to the one I made and costs a tad under £1000 - it has no moving parts - just shake the bucket. The one I made cost a LOT less than that and is fit for the purpose intended. The one you describe no doubt would be well over a grand. Horses for course I guess.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Nice toys!