Big Screws :-))

Loking for a couple of 1" BSW bolts, 2" (probably a setscrew at that length) or 3" long. Need to be in good condition, bright turned preferred.
Anyone got anything available? cash + postage offered.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.eu

Is it 2" or 3" that you need? Are they going into tapped holes or do you need nuts too? I noticed tonight we have 8tpi BSW inserts. Finding spare capacity in a mill to do the hex would be the problem.
Mark.
Anyone got anything available? cash + postage offered.
Forgot to ask.....how much cash? :-)
Mark.
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 14:31:45 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@ems-fife.co.uk"

Enough :-))
I'll try and find something off the shelf first, Mark, but thanks for the thought.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk http://www.oldengine.co.uk

I will have to charge you the same as you charge me for all the things you collect and deliver to me. :-( There might be something kicking about here.Will have a look.Might as well fill this pallet up anyway.
Mark.

Just had a look at work, after checking at home. Can't find anything larger than 3/4" BSW. They had both 2" bolts and machine screws as well :-(
Mark Rand RTFM

I reckon I've got some, somewhere. I can picture them exactly, and know what they came off. trouble is, locating 'somewhere' might take longer than making new ones! I'll keep my eyes peeled just in case.
Tim
Peter A Forbes wrote:

I bought a couple a year or 2 ago from Avery Knight in Bath, www.averyknight.co.uk to use for the thread to fit metal spinning formers onto, not bright turned though but black.
I'm sure I have some, but about 6 inches long Bob

message
I have found a box of 1" BSW half nuts and 3" of 1" whit screwed rod.