Screws?

Looking for two 1/4 x 20 tpi by 1-1/4" (or longer) countersunk allen head screws/bolts - any suggestions?
(I think that's UNC? or maybe BSW? Are they interchangeable? I never got
the hang of that)
Thanks,
-- Peter Fairbrother
    --Sounds like SAE to me; 1/4"20 is National Course thread. Proper name for the head is socket flat head machine screw.
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Come see my stuff
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : at Maker Faire!!

I've got a box (100) full of 1/4" 20tpi BSW CSK head screws. only problem is they're 1/2" long and cross head. I needed 8 for a job :-(
Mark Rand RTFM
There'a a current advert in homeworkshop.org.uk for 1/4" BSF screws.

You could try Emkay screw supplies, they list BFW, BSF, UNC, UNF in csk allen screws the lenght uu need David

No they are not interchangeable. BSW is 55 degree thread form, UNC is 60 degree. Shortening is also different BSW is H/6 major and minor, while UNC is H/8 major and H/4 minor for external thread.
I believe 1/4 x 20 BSW is standard small camera tripod socket thread if that provides a convenient gauge.
That doesn't help you with a source though. I've got a note of this place as a source, but I have never had to use them so no idea of the minimum order qty
http://www.nssocketscrews.com/index.php/html/standard/socket-countersunk
Alan