Screws?

Looking for two 1/4 x 20 tpi by 1-1/4" (or longer) countersunk allen head screws/bolts - any suggestions?

(I think that's UNC? or maybe BSW? Are they interchangeable? I never got the hang of that)

Thanks,

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

--Sounds like SAE to me; 1/4"20 is National Course thread. Proper name for the head is socket flat head machine screw.

Reply to
steamer

I've got a box (100) full of 1/4" 20tpi BSW CSK head screws. only problem is they're 1/2" long and cross head. I needed 8 for a job :-(

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

There'a a current advert in homeworkshop.org.uk for 1/4" BSF screws.

Reply to
Magnum

Reply to
david homer

No they are not interchangeable. BSW is 55 degree thread form, UNC is 60 degree. Shortening is also different BSW is H/6 major and minor, while UNC is H/8 major and H/4 minor for external thread.

I believe 1/4 x 20 BSW is standard small camera tripod socket thread if that provides a convenient gauge.

That doesn't help you with a source though. I've got a note of this place as a source, but I have never had to use them so no idea of the minimum order qty

Alan

Reply to
Alan Bain