Where to get brass BSW screws?

I need some 3/16 BSW brass, raised head, countersunk screws, either 7/32" or 1/2" long. Can anyone suggest a supplier?

On 21/02/2019 14:09, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=brass+bsw+screws&_sacat=0
On 21/02/2019 16:51, newshound wrote:

Lots of brass screws on that link but AFAICT there aren't any that meet the spec.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Victorian-Door-Brass-Knob-Screw-3-16-BSW-x-3-16-Quantity-5/333050054339?hash=item4d8b5486c3:g:FcUAAOSwJ7dbCADK:rk:50:pf:0
say they will do other lengths if you ask them.
--

Roger Hayter

On 21/02/2019 20:33, Roger Hayter wrote:

I'd seen those, but they're ordinary csk rather than raised countersunk.
On 21/02/2019 17:54, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

eBay is the generic answer. Did you even try it first?
On 22/02/2019 12:47, newshound wrote:

Of course! I also tried everywhere else I could think of, that's why I asked here for help. Do you have a helpful suggestion?
Ring 01636 636735, sorry I don?t know the bloke?s name but I was there this afternoon buying 5/16 bsf bolts. Whilst I was there he sho wed me his vast stock some of which was brass bolts af various sizes. Can ?t guarantee he?s got what you want but there?s a c hance. He lives near Newark and stands the Newark auto jumble regularly.
On 22/02/2019 16:28, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

Some people are a bit nervous of eBay and do not realise that it is actually better than any traditional physical hardware shop (much as I like them).
If you had said you had tried eBay without success, many of us would have regarded that as a challenge and no doubt managed to locate some. As it is, I for one won't be bothering.

That's
https://www.polished-stainless.com/
--
Adrian C

On 21/02/2019 14:09, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

Well definately NOT Bunces of Worthing because they seem to have called in an insolvency company :-(.
Pity because that was the goto place if you wanted all manner of screws/bolts/fastenings in small quantities, and on a Sunday.
On 21/02/2019 14:09, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

Is brass essential?
I can get equivalent size 10-24 in UNC in A2 Stainless. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A2-Stainless-Steel-UNC-Raised-Countersunk-Phillips-Machine-Screws-No-6-8-10/291640830602
Same major diameter, same pitch although 60degs thread rather than BSW 55degs.
Any doubt get a tap.
Any reason why a standard countersink can't be used?
On 24/02/2019 21:37, Fredxx wrote:

Yes, I'd seen those but I need to match the brass originals. I spec'd BSW because that's what the originals are, but I have a wide range of taps and dies so a small thread angle change would not be a problem. These screws attach the window "furniture" to 1930s Crittall window casements (which are steel). There are typically 4 screws per item by design, but several are either missing or have sheared heads, that's why I want to match; mixing flat/raised head or brass/SS would not look good. If necessary I could move screws around (so that one casement had all new, etcetera) but that would be a pain and would probably lead to more spoilt heads or shearing - using the dremel to drill-out is a royal pain and I don't want to add to the number I have to do. Also, there are rather a lot of casements. I've contacted a few suppliers now and may have found a source for longer screws with the correct head and thread, so if I can't get the right length I'll have to make a holder and get shortening. There we are: full disclosure ;-)
On 25/02/2019 09:17, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote: <snip>

JOOI, would firms who restore Crittall windows not sell to you or do they not bother to match the original screws?
--
Robin
On 25/02/2019 09:39, Robin wrote:

Crittall can't help and (so far) I haven't found anyone with the screws.
snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com Wrote in message:
Might be worth dropping these folk a line if you've not already tried them...
http://www.steelwindowfittings.com/aboutus.aspx
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls