1" x 16 tpi nuts?

Talking about unusual threads, does anyone have two 1" x 16 tpi half nuts (or single full nut)?

Any sort of metal will do. Beer token available.

If not, does anyone know where to find such a beast?

Thx,

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Peter,

What is the application? I'm wondering if a standard M25 x 1.5 bearing locknut might do the job or be be modified to suit.

Reply to
David Billington

Or, even be used as a temporary fix to the lead screw so that a genuine

16TPI nut can be machined?
Reply to
gareth

It's for a bearing locknut for the back end of the spindle in a Myford ML4 lathe.

I tried a m25x1.5 nut but it wouldn't fit.

Hmmm.. I have a m25x1.5 tap, got a suitable bit of hex brass somewhere - maybe if I went at it at a slight angle with the tap a few times? Two thin nuts, each with only a few threads engaged ..

-- Peter F

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

and the postage. I presume you need the locknuts to get the lathe operational or you would use it to cut them. You're welcome to use my lathe as the metric ones should clean-up easily and if the spindle was out could be used to check fit.

Reply to
David Billington

Someone who lives a couple of hundred of yards from you has a Super 7, and is normally fairly good at helping out.

Shall I pass your details on to him?

Reply to
gareth

replying to Peter Fairbrother, Wendell nance wrote: Hey I'm wondering if you ever found that size but? because I'm looking for two of them one left hand and one right hand thread. If you can help if greatly appreciate it.

Reply to
Wendell nance