M20 x 2.5mm half nut

Had a bash at replacing the shagged bearings in the Hotpoint washing machine this week. Not a job for the faint hearted. After reading everything I could
find on the intergoogles I bought the bearing kit and had at it. Removed the nut holding the drum drive pulley on with the help of a length of scaffold tube and reasoned that the pulley would then slide off the shaft. I screwed the lock nut back on to the shaft to avoid hitting the end of the shaft itself but after belting the nut for half an hour and getting nowhere I finally worked out the pulley also unscrews off the shaft but by then I'd knackered the threads on the shaft, and the half nut, so badly the pulley wouldn't unscrew off it. Had to cut the buggered threads of the shaft end off with the angle grinder to get the pulley off but it turned out the shaft was corroded and needed replacing also so no real damage done.
Anyway, long story short, I need a new M20 x 2.5mm half nut to lock the pulley back on again after I've replaced the bearings and shaft. I can buy them online in bulk or singly for an outrageous 8 quid each but sod that for a game of soldiers. I'm told they are a common size for locking the rose joints for motorsport applications although I doubt anyone on here will be into that. I could just buy a normal M20 nut for 20p and turn it down on the lathe but by any chance does anyone have the right item knocking around they could post me for beer tokens?
It's about 9mm thick instead of the full nut 16mm thick and a bog standard zinc plated steel half nut but anything would do the job. Ain't like it's a space shuttle I'm fixing here.
--
Dave Baker

Dave:
I've got M20 standard nuts here at the factory, and I think I also have some half nuts at home.
Email me your home address and I'll pop a couple on the post for you. Too late for today's collection I'm afraid, but SWMBO says there is a collection tomorrow in town.
Had you asked about the pulley/shaft, I, and probably some of the others could have warned you about the thread!
Regards, Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.eu

Hi Peter,
Many thanks. I'm just waiting to see if a mate has the right thing in the parts bins at work rather than inconvenience anyone else but if not then I'll take you up on your offer.
What I'm also after just on the off chance is the control knob for the wash settings. Here's the thing.
http://www.buyspares.co.uk/control-knob/product.pl?pidY1391
It fits almost every Hotpoint washing machine dating from the 80s and 90s so there must be squillions of them knocking about in dead machines if only one knew where those were. Mine broke up eventually where it clamps round the shaft so I've been managing with pliers for the last couple of years but it would be nice to fix it one day but I'm too tight to pay 11 plus postage for a bit of plastic.
--
Dave Baker