Where to find..

A test ba, 20mm by 280mm or longer, accurate in diameter and straightness to within 0.01mm?

Hard bronze strip, 6mm or 1/4" by 1.5mm-ish, 6 inches or so long.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

A test bar - or any bar that's open right now ..

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
ravensworth2674

What's standard silver steel like?

Reply to
1501

From an advert in today's EiM, company called 'Arrand', The Forge, Knossington, Leics, LE15 8LN 01664 454566 They don't seem to have a website but of you google them you'll find they're highly regarded.

Reply to
pcb1962

Below 25mm diameter, the diameter of silver steel should be within

+/-0.015mm so could be outside the required 0.01mm if that means +/-0.010mm eg see:
Alan
Reply to
Alan Dawes

Thanks, but I need it accurately straight as well as round.

I was wondering whether precision rail might be up to the job?

-- Peter F

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

The day Arrand get a website hell will surely freeze over.

Good quality stuff, but FFS even the North Koreans now have an internet presence!

Reply to
The Other Mike