Live centre

Going to buy a live centre for my lathe. Choice is between a fixed normal 60 degree tip, or a set of changeable ones. I haven't come
across a use for anything other than a 60 degree tip so far, is there any compelling reason I would want the others?
In article

A large cone can be useful, for example if you need to support a length of tube, or something with a large concentric hole in the end. A female centre can be useful if you need to support something with a taper pointed end. Pretty rare in both cases, for most people, I would think. A very small centre can be useful where access is limited.
A good compromise is a fixed live centre with a large conical end, will work on fairly large bores but is equally at home on normal centre holes.
David
--
David Littlewood

writes

there
length
female
think.
will
Half centres can be very handy for access
AWEM
On 16 June, 07:27, "Andrew Mawson"

Yes a half centre is useful, but only as a fixed centre, a 'live' half centre doesn't make any sense

I assume from the lack of replies that nobody finds much use for the extra tips you get in a set so I'll just buy a plain fixed tip one.