Nuts!

I bought some "M8 HIGH TENSILE SET SCREW BOLT BZP 8.8 GRADE + 2 WASHERS

  • FULL NUT, DIN 933" on ebay, and while the bolts look OK I'm not at all sure about the nuts.

Some are marked "s 181", some "gr 181", some "a2-70" plus a logo.

The last are stainless nuts - but does anyone know what the heck the other markings mean?

What sort of nuts should be supplied with 8.8 bolts?

help!! am going nuts,

thx,

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Bear in mind that 8.8 isn't high tensile. 10.x or 12.x would be though...

DIN934 S 181 appears to be low-carbon steel. Whether that makes it equivalent to 8.8 or 4.4 I don't know (my google ran out :-)

regards

Reply to
Mark Rand