How to make PSAN ?

Does anybody have any thoughts, plans to make this? I can purchase this however I think sombody had plans how to make this from scratch with agricultural grade AN.

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Grey

My understanding is that PSAN is made by introducing a small amount of Zinc Oxide into a batch of melted AN.

My friend makes AN motors with unstabilized AN, and as long as one doesn't store them too long, there's no noticable density change.

Reply to
Marcus Leech

That's basically it. Not exactly a basement chemistry project, though it would be possible. Use standard AN or buy PSAN if the motors will be stored for more than a few days or will undergo temperature fluctuations.

Dave

Reply to
dave1472