Digital Scales

Anyone know where I can get a set of (cheap) digital scales for weighing 50L gas cylinders, foot print about 400mm x 400mm weighing up to about 150Kg. Ideally needs a remote readout, something serial would be great that could be feed into a PC.

Thanks

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen Woolhead

Stephen,

Bathroom scales come sometimes with a remote reading - though you may have to fiddle to to give a constant display as they turn off after a while.

Failing that you are into load cells and a whetstone bridge with external display.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Where would you get bathroom scales to do the job? All the domestic ones that I have seen only go to around 20 stone - 150kg is around 24 stone.

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

A quick Google came up with

Not remote reading, but up to 150Kg for 50 quid. If you look at US sites, you'll find higher capacities

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Neil Ellwood quite correctly comments .......

Neil, you raise a good point, perhaps we should all invest in the bathroom scale industry. With all the obesity about the standard 20 stone jobbie is probably getting outdated. There is going to be a whole new generation of up-rated bathroom scales.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

Try:-

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

I got some from Argos a year or two back to weigh my 47 Kg propane cylinders that I use on my furnace, but took them back when I found the display blanked after a time out period.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Hi, thanks for the idea, but have tried the bathroom scales approach and run into problems such as they turn themselves off. I really need to monitor the weight of something over time. Ideally I am looking for something like this

Thanks,

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Woolhead

And how much are they?

What about

Expensive for bathroom scales, but probably a bit less than what you've pointed too. The same people offer several different scales of the same ilk.

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

About £1000 :-) Hence why I am investigating other solutions!

Humm, cheaper...

Thanks,

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Woolhead

Did you really need digital - the old spring ones would probably be accurate enough for most purposes although you would need to re-zero them regularly.

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

Just bought some parcel scales from

A few days later found another site that was cheaper, cannot remember what the link was. Got the above site from their invoice.

I'm sure there were some listed around the 50 or 60 quid mark, not exactly cheap, maybe a telephone call might lead some part exchange stock?

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

Nice, they'll do nicely!