Eagle Grinder Size and weight

Please could someone give me an idea of the size and weight of an Eagle Surface Grinder. I have been offered one (over the phone) at a "fair" price and would like to go and see it knowing that I could move/accomodate it. Is this something I could move with estate car or should I think about usual Transit hire and engine hoist? I can't find the specifications via Google for once.

Thanks for your help

Keith

Reply to
jontom_1uk

Hi Keith

Eagle Mk1 - 672lbs Eagle Mk2 - 680 Eagle Mk2a - 685 Eagle Mk3 - 700 Eagle Mk3a - 710 Eagle Mk4 - 730 Eagle Mk5 - 780

Size goes from 26"x32"x58" to 33"x35"x 62", although these are "export case sizes", but near enough to actuals.

My Mk1 was delivered to the factory where I worked on a pallet, but the Mk1 will break down into 3 pieces - base, column, and head by undoing 4 bolts on each. This was duly done and it was transported 2 miles to home in pieces in the back of a Citroen BX. Handy due to the self-levelling suspension. All lifting was accomplished with a 1/2 tonne engine hoist and lifting straps with D-shackles. The base casting is particularly heavy to hoist around.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Peter, Hi, thanks very much for that. Comprehensive and delivered with such speed - can't beat that. Looks like a van job as I will need to take the engine hoist with me. Now if the pictures I've been promised look anything like it has got to be worth a trip.

Smaller but much heavier than I had anticipated so very useful and will save me a long wasted trip in the car. Thanks again Peter.

How about an update on the flood damage, has all been fixed? Are you up and running again?

Best regards

Keith

Reply to
jontom_1uk

No, still a few weeks away from running again. The garage/workshop is completely empty at the moment as the machines had to be moved out and stored, and the floor had to be completely washed and disenfected to de-contaminate it. The flood also lifted patchs of the concrete so this is due for repair next week. Insurance have been extremely co-operative and are covering all costs for this plus replacement items, so can't really grumble.

BTW, I should mention on the Grinder that it's only the MK1 that splits into pieces, most of the others are cast in one lump, so worth bearing in mind when considering lifting height on the engine crane to get it into a van. Regards

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill