ER32 Collet Chuck for Lathe

I was going to buy one of these for my Seag C6, then it occurred that if I picked up a chuck on an MT3 taper I'd be able to use it in the mill as well.
Would I lose anything doing this?
Thanks
Steve
On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 22:30:34 -0000, "Steve W" <steve> wrote:

You lose the ability to use the through bore if you go the MT chuck route. A backplate chuck will allow you to chuck up long lengths of stock in the lathe.
Regards, Tony
Going with the backplate will also allow you to bolt it to the milling or rotary table, should the need arise. Can only say good things about the ones from Arc Euro...
Joules
On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 22:56:36 GMT, Joules Beech

So the real answer is you have two - one on a backplate and one on a MT.
Regards, Tony

Looks like I need a word with Mr Swali then...
Steve
"Steve W" <steve> wrote in message

ebay Clarkson "S" type milling Chuck. 3 morse taper Item number: 120075269709

Surely that would only be of use for threaded shank end mills, slot drills etc. An ER collet set is much more versatile than that.
David
--
David Littlewood

I have a Clarkson type chuck for the Mill, I was just looking to sweat an asset....
Thanks
Steve