books on eBay.ca

Hope this is not out of line. I have several books just listed on ebay which may be of interest to some here. Among them are a few of Model Engineer Handbook series, and some of the American version, the Model Library, a 1930 Starrett No. 35 catalogue, along with Tyzack's No. 640 catalogue (any one know what year that would be) it's a hardback 8.1/2 x 11 book, together with a number of watchmaking books (Kemlo's among them). All listing are under stoker_1st. Thanks for your interest. Mike G. in British Columbia

Reply to
michael gray

I have a sneaky suspicion that Tyzack catalogue 640 is from about 1940. I think 658 is from 1958/1959 as we found one with a dated price scrawled in it, and 624 seems to be before they took over the Billing Tool Co in 1927 due to the lack of metalworking lathes - so I suspect

624 = 1924.

If its 1940 I would expect it to list the 3 3/8 inch Zyto lathe in its pre-war version with the no 1 morse taper in the tailstock (I have one of these, and an older Zyto) - however the war interfered with Zyto lathe production, so I am not sure what was going on in 1940, but I have a fair amount of advertising guff on Zyto metalworking lathes before and after the war, so if you let me know what lathes it has got in it and prices, then I might be able to fix the date.

Steve

Reply to
Cheshire Steve

Steve, I've put a couple of the pages up at:

One is a Zyto page, the other a Drummond page.

Can you tell me which year the catalogue would be from from them? Mike in BC

Reply to
michael gray