gear wheels

Can anyone help. I want some small metal gear wheels for a 2:1 speed ratio, say 12 and 24 teeth or 15 and 30. I would like them to fit say a

3 mm or 4 mm shaft. I am making a steam engine from K Harris's book on Model Stationary and Marine Steam Engines and need to make a gear box with a 4:1 ratio ( 2 x 2:1) I don't have the expertise, or equipment to make the gears. Hobbies used to stock brass gears, but I don't see them in their latest catalogue. Does anyone know of a supplier? Eddie P
Reply to
eddie price

Tried HPC Gears?

Never used them but heard their good.

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Pick up a copy of a radio controlled car magazine at the newsagent or bookseller's. There are usually several advertisers selling gears in nylon and brass, in a wide range of tooth counts.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Although not all that cheap, but yer pays yer money...

Regards Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

Eddie,

You might want to check out Muffett for gears

Very good quality items and they seem happy to deal in ones and twos.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie