grease for roller-bearings: not coperslip surely ? (semi off-topic perhaps)

Meant to add, your man may find this useful: ftp://sweller.dynalias.org/pub/guzzi-manual/guzzi-manual-150l.pdf [8 MB]

Reply to
sweller

Using the patented Mavis Beacon "Hunt&Peck" Technique, Andy Bonwick typed

But these people are my friends, and I had hoped that you'd be nice.

I failed to take the Bonwick Factor into account. Mea Culpa. ;^)

(For the URME folk, Andy's a pro and tends to mock my tiddly little Bridgeport and Colchester. I think he's just jealous because Mrs. Bonwick won't let him have things like that at home).

Reply to
Wicked Uncle Nigel

That's the stuff.

I have a hangover.

Reply to
The Older Gentleman

What you might call a shit hot computer system...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Dans l'article , snipped-for-privacy@rcav8r.demon.co.uk écrivait...

I use Loctite 8102 or 8103 (MoS2) for plain or roller bearings on my Guzzis.

Reply to
Francis Chartier

Dans l'article , snipped-for-privacy@mztech.fsnet.co.uk écrivait...

Another useful site:

Francis Chartier

correct. I need the space in the garage for more bikes. its bad enough that I have to move them outside this week to make a temporary home for his stuff while he's in between jobs.

Reply to
Adie

i have been running bmw,s for the last 23 years and all have the sam

pin arrangement. i have always used castrol grease[lm] and never ha any trouble. there is a tool that allows you to grease the bm bearing by fitting a tapered cone into the hole in the pins and filling the full of grease. motorworks do it, perhaps they have one for the guzzi

-- bolma

this thread:

bolmas