high pressure testing

Need to hydrotest a pressure vessel to about 7,000 psi plus. Any ideas about how to do it cheaply? I don't think the grease gun trick will work...

Ta

Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Peter,

The usual hand hydraulic pumps used on presses and body ram kits should be able to achieve that. The couple I have are rated to 62MPa (9000 psi). Do you think that would be any use.

Reply to
David Billington

A hydraulic hand pump is typically 700Bar (* 700 14.7) ;; 10290.0 over 10,000psi Much higher pressure than a power pumped system. I did wonder if anyone made a chamber with an elastomer membrane, so the oil passes on pressure to water going into the vessel?

Reply to
Richard Smith