K'Nex?

I've only just heard of this, and, as my Meccano set (with some bits dating back to 1910) is getting all bent and rusty, does
anyone have experience of this as a prototyping tool?
I did dally with Lego***** some years ago but felt restricted by the dimensional limitations in that everything has to be built up from the bottom and you couldn't shoot off at any angle as you could with Meccano.
ISTR also some years ago a competitor to Meccano as Fischer Technik?
***** Invented by the Brit Hilary Fisher of Kiddiecraft, and design stolen by Lego, who later on purchased the rights to the design from Fisher's widow in order to sanitise what they were doing, but it still hasn't stopped their claiming that they invented it!
On 08/09/17 15:53, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:

There was another Meccano like system, from Germany, name had an X in it, perhaps Trix, but don't remember the name. A relative brought back a set from Germany as a present some time in the 1950's. Was an electrical engineer on an exchange trip from the CEGB, or whatever they were called in those days...
Chris
On 09/08/2017 16:53, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:

Not very 'robust' being make of plastic, our children had some.
If you can find any, Philips Mechanical Engineer is better quality but it hasn't been made for decades. It had lots of parts that could make pumps etc. It was a parallel to their Electronic Engineer kits.
All in all, you can't beat Mecanno- truly ageless.