Lathe chuck

bit the bullet, so to speak, and ordered an 8" toolmex and part-finished adaptor for the student.

Adaptor on the mount, spin it up and rather a nerve-wracking bit of machining to finish it to size (it cost about 100 quid, don't want to bugger it up) and lo! I now have a shiney new chuck on the machine wherein I can grip a bit of bar, have it run central, drill the end, remove it from the machine and put it back and the hole is still in the middle (judging by eye, but that's pretty close).

Cost as much as the lathe did, mind...

Reply to
Austin Shackles