Looking for 10 UNF grub screws

I'm trying to locate a source for 10-32 UNF x 1/4" dog point grubscrews with little success, the only supplier listing it is TR Fasteners and they show it as non-preferred which probably means they will manufacture it as a special with the associated MOQ probably in the 1000s. I can find cup points but this is to replace some screws in an application where the dog point is essential. Anyone know of a supplier that may have them? I only need 2 but would be willing to buy a small box if that's what's available, slightly longer would probably be OK. Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

If you come across any 3/16 BSF they'll fit, albeit they'll be a free fit. May not help much, but doubles the chances.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

.............and if 3/16" BSF will sort of fit, 2BA won't be far behind. M5 isn't too far off either

Tim

Reply to
Tim L

Emkay screw supplies do a good range of UNF including the ones you want:

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Why not get slightly longer cup point and turn the dog point? I need to speak to my fastener supplier tomorrow I will see if he has any.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

Hmmm...on reflection, the probably stock cup rather than dog point; however, in the past they have been helpful in finding stuff that they don't keep as normal stock items, so probably worth getting on the dog & bone to them.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Thanks Richard. Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

That's what I did when I replaced the grub screws which adjust the gibs on my lathe and milling machine with cap heads.

Though I'm not entirely sure whether they should be called dog points?

(I couldn't properly get to grips with the tiny hex hole in a grub screw for accurate adjustment, the holes kept stripping; used cap heads with larger holes instead).

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

That's what I did when I replaced the grub screws which adjust the gibs on my lathe and milling machine with cap heads.

Though I'm not entirely sure whether they should still be called dog points?

(I couldn't properly get to grips with the tiny hex hole in a grub screw for accurate gib adjustment, too much slop and the holes kept stripping; used cap heads with larger holes instead, much better).

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

If stainless will do then try

I bought 100 1/4" x 1/4 UNC grubscrews from them about 8 years ago. Price including delivery was very good and, despite coming from America, they arrived in about 3 days.

Bob

Reply to
BobKellock

Thanks Bob, it seems they only supply cup point screws, which I can get locally. Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

It appears that Allfix have them in 7/16" long, but at £336 per 100 I don't think I'll be buying from them! Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Sorry no, but I still do not see why you cannot re-machine the available cup point to dog point?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards