milling material on ebay

Are they worth the price - anyone with experiences ?

Is it HSS or better ?

Are they made of steel strong enough ?
Does it in fact work right ?
Best regards KS, Denmark

Reply to
KS

I use the boring Head and the clamp set with no problems, cant say about the inclinometer though.

campingstoveman

Why would it need to be HSS?

Usually.

Dunno. 0.1 degrees could be useful.

But if you look at the third picture down, despite the "tough Aluminium frame which has high strength magnetic inserts to support the weight of the unit" (whatever that might mean, quite), the chap seems to be bending the case with his fingers.

I'd be happier with a surface that looked flat and rigid on it somewhere, preferably attacked to the tough Aluminium frame ...

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

I've had one of the Wixey digital angle gauges for about 6mths now, originally got it for setting my table saw blade for which it is excellent, just zero it on the saw table then use the magnets to hold it on the blade while you set the angle. Gets a good review on all the woodworking forums.

Engineering wise I have used it stuck to one of my chuck jaws while marking off various holes at different angles on the cylinder head of my hit & miss engine.

Also good for setting work at an angle in the milling vice.

You can see the cyl head here

Jason

Reply to
jasonballamy

I got the digital angle gauge at Ally Pally - its turned out to be very useful on my milling m/c. Made some tricky setups really easy.

Reply to
lemel_man