Ping Tim Leech

Tim,

Are you still looking for bevel gears?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Andrew

The job's done, but those would have probably served, I'll keep an eye on them in case they go cheap 'just in case' for next time

Following JS' suggestion, I sent my customer out for a scrap artic trailer landing leg. He came back with a horrible greasy rusty mess which I had fun dismantling, but here is the result:-

with some originals at:-

The gears are mounted on a tapered & threaded end to the shaft, so they had to be bushed, & then drilled & taper bored. These gears are actually about 1.3:1, whereas the originals are 1:1, but that's no real drawback.

Many thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech