More cheap stuff from Aldi

Compressor with tools at £60 Air chisel £9 Air impact wrench with 10 impact sockets £20 Trainers £12

Don't know how they do it at the price but if they're as good as the ultrasonic cleaner it's worth a trip on Thursday.

-- Dave Baker

Dave Baker

I note the compressor is supplied with paint spraying equipment, but does not appear to be an oil less compressor. I understood one needed an oil less compressor for this purpose - or some means of filtering the oil from the airline. Any comments?

James

Reply to
James

Of course it's got an oil trap. It's called a receiver or tank! Never had any problems- nor should there be.

The trickier bit is to actually keep the other tools lubricated!

The hard bit is to keep the air tools in air from such a small outfit. Question? How much paint, thinners and gunwash are you going to get for the same money?

Norman

Reply to
ravensworth2674

Gentlemen,

If you carry a spare hose for tools and a hose for spraying you can fit an oil mister onto the tool line to lubricate only the tools.

Mart> Of course it's got an oil trap. It's called a receiver or tank!

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I can just imagine the conversation with the guy in the shop...

"I'd like to buy an oil mister."

"Certainly, which oil would you like to buy, Mister?"

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Damn! I *Really* could have done with that coming up for sale last Thursday, after spending this weekend laboriously hand painting the Myford cabinet. Got more runs than a cheap pair of tights after a Saturday night fumble in the back row, but managed to salvage it after reading the JS story of how Raglan did it.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Now you know how Raglan's learn their tricks

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

In message , Campingstoveman writes

Machine mart sell a small in-line oiler for tools.

Reply to
Mike H

..and I'll need some O's...

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

...not to mention the fork handles...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Hammer House of Horror? Live my Creature! Live!!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Bought a compressor this morning from Sudbury (Suffolk). They had about a dozen left when I arrived at 9.00am this morning, with half a dozen more walking out the door just as I got there. Got it unpacked and working & it does seem very good value with all the tools and a 3 year warranty. The outward appearance of the tools supplied looks very good indeed, but the proof will of course be in the use of them

Gets up to pressure (8 bar) in 2 minutes from cold. An 8-10 second blast from the blow gun will drop it back to 6 bar at which point it cuts in again, taking 30 seconds to get back up to 8 bar. There was no pressure decay over the course of an hour with nothing connected, but with the 10metre hose connected I got a pressure decay of around 1 bar over 15 minutes or so. The dual outlets are very handy and it has a dinky little drain valve in the bottom of the reciever too. Not too noisy either (97db claimed) considering.

Next week they have a 720watt portable generator up for £59.99.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Snip

snip

You weren't tempted into the concrete mixer as well?

Reply to
Dave Croft

I don't think they had one ,but would have to draw the line somewhere!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

I definitely must stop going to that bloody place. The other week I went to buy an ultrasonic cleaner and came out £160 lighter with 4 of them, an excercise bike and the rest of the trolley filled with shopping.

Today I went for the air chisel and ended up spending £140 on that, the compressor, the air impact wrench, two pairs of trainers, a 50 pack of CD-Rs for £7.97 and more shopping. The strange thing is I already have a perfectly good compressor but for £60 I just couldn't resist another one. I figure when I'm ripping the old plaster off in the house with the air chisel it means I can have that compressor in the house and not have to keep carrying the other one out of the workshop. Well that's my feeble excuse anyway. In any case I could probably sell it for more than I paid if I wanted to get rid in the future. Good job the trolley was full or I might have bought a concrete mixer too.

I reckon the impact sockets that come with the air wrench are worth the money on their own if they're decent quality. They certainly look well made but I'll have to try a couple out. The CD-Rs are bloody good value. A pack of 25 is the same price in Tesco.

-- Dave Baker

***
Reply to
Dave Baker

Well next week you can go back for a couple of those portable generators to power the two compressors... ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree