motor tuning on a taig

Ok I seem to have hit more complications. I have been trying to work out the step per unit to enter into mach 1. I am running the motors on 1/8 on a 1.8 degree stepper, therefore I need 1600 steps per rotation correct? The mill has 20tpi leadscrews so in that case I need 3200 steps per inch, right? But at this the mill is moving far less than the DRO indicates on screen. By accident I entered 32000 spi and the machine seems to be moving in coordination with the DRO. Can anyone see where I might be going wrong? Thanks.

Reply to
milgo

Wrong, you dropped a zero.

1600 spr x 20 tpi is 32000 spi.

I have no idea where or how you went wrong (with you calculations).

Tim

Reply to
Tim Auton

Ah yes I see :) I thought it was 1600steps per inch on a 10tpi, eve

though I knew the bed doesnt travel an inch in two rotations. So that how I came out at 3200. Thanks :

-- milg

this thread:

milgo