Myford Super 7 Tumbler sleeve gear retaining screw

I managed to shear said screw off (part A1999) and am reluctant to pay =A38 for another one from Myford. Can anyone tell me what pitch/diameter the screw is and how necessary it is to have a hollow one? Doesn't seem like a very critical part (and so glad I managed to get the snapped off bit out without drama!)

Reply to
Robin

There should be punishments for such cruelty/ignorance.

The screw is hollow and the head has that funny shape because it is an oiling point! According to the manual, this should be lubricated twice per day. The price is possibly a fine for the cruelty? The part has a 3/16 whit hex head and a 2BA thread 3/8" long.

HTH

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

There are a lot of things in this world that say they need oiling :D. Didn't realise that was one of them (although it does make sense). I don't tend to use the power feed all that much, so not too worried. Managed to find a screw to fit it, so can always undo that and squirt some oil in.

Thanks!

Reply to
Robin